York Marina is based on the non tidal stretch of the river ouse just 4 miles south of the historic city of York. It is situated only a short distance from Naburn locks and serves both novice and experienced boaters equally well with many miles of safe scenic waterways – North to Ripon, and for the more adventurous the southern waterways and canal systems of the River Aire, Leeds-Liverpool Canal, Sheffield and South Yorkshire Canals, River Trent, Foss Dyke and Witham. The tidal Ouse will take you down the Humber, North Sea and beyond.
The marina is one of the largest inland marinas in the North of England and is situated in a stunning quiet rural environment. We have a great array of facilities on site for all your boating needs including sales and brokerage, boat yard services and a chandlery. Please use the navigation in the top right to find out more about the marina.
Why York Marina?
- Over 300 safe and secure moorings – even during times of flood
- Over a 150 hard standing spaces for the winter lay up period
- 24 hour access 365 days a year
- Family owned and run
- Discounted services and products for annual berth holders
- Organised trips for berth holders – Cruise in company
- An excellent base for novices and experienced boaters alike
- Continued investment in 1st class facilities
- Great road access with the A64 5 minutes away and the M1 A1 link just 25 minutes away.
- 10 minute taxi ride and 30 minutes by boat to York city centre with its excellent tourist attractions, great restaurants and night life – York designer outlet is just 5 minutes away.
- ?250k toilet and shower facility with individual cubicles and under floor heating