You’ve tried to access some restricted content so you need to either login if you are already a subscriber. If you aren’t a subscriber yet, you need to register. Don’t worry, it’s completely free to register so go ahead and register now, or find out what the site is all about by reading below….
Everything you ever wanted to know (and a few things you didn’t) about the reality of living on a narrowboat
Have you ever considered living on a narrowboat? I mean really thought about it? Sure, the thought of sitting on a peaceful canal bank on a warm summer evening, gin an tonic in hand hand, without a care in the world is appealing, but is life afloat really like that? Can living on a narrowboat be a cost effective alternative to life on dry land? What are the costs; purchase costs, maintenance costs, mooring costs? How easy is it to find a mooring and will you enjoy living there when the honeymoon period is over? Will you enjoy the long, dark nights of winter when your narrowboat is frozen to its mooring?
After your home, buying a narrowboat is likely to be your largest (and most life changing) financial decision. A reasonably sized and equipped liveaboard narrowboat will cost you in excess of £40,000… second hand. A new narrowboat built to your specification and with all mod cons can cost in excess of £100,000.
But, of course, it’s not just the cost that you have to consider. Most full time narrowboat dwellers live on board with a partner in what, to many, is a very small space. Will there be enough space on your narrowboat for two – or more – of you? The commitment to life on board is not a decision you want to make lightly.
You need information. You need answers to these and a hundred other questions before you part with your hard earned cash… if you part with it at all.
Good news. You are just seconds away from receiving a truly comprehensive – and FREE – guide to life on board.
You’ll find out…
- Which are the different styles of narrowboat… and which one is right for you
- 40′, 50′, 60′ or more. What’s the perfect length boat for you – and why big isn’t always best
- How much life on board really costs and how the cost compares to life on dry land
- How much space there really is on board and whether it’s enough
- What licenses and insurances you need. You’ll find out where to get them.
- What British Waterways defines and continuous cruising. Ignore this at your peril!
You’ll learn how to overcome your communication problems…
- What mobile telephone and internet services are best for you and likely limits
- Old fashioned letters. How to get them delivered to your boat.
You’ll gain an intimate knowledge of the British waterway network…
- Detailed history of the canal network from the very first canal construction – and what prompted it – to the current day explosion in the narrowboat leisure industry
- 118 English canals
- 8 Northern Ireland canals
- 8 Welsh canals
- 10 Scottish canals
- 51 disused canals (and which may be reopenned)
- Where the canals join navigable rivers
- Where you can moor your narrowboat, how long you can stay… and who doesn’t want you if you live aboard
- The best (FREE) resource for planning your narrowboat trips
- Hundreds of photo’s for each canal – Just one click of your mouse needed
And most importantly you will find the perfect place to live…
There are an estimated 32,000 narrowboats on the British waterways. Some journey constantly along the canals and rivers staying for just a few days at many different locations along the way. Most narrowboat owners though prefer a permanent home on a canalside mooring or, more often, at one of the hundreds of marinas thoughout the UK. Which one do you choose?
- Discover the name and location of every marina in the UK
- Search for the pefect marina by name, canal, cost or facility
- Learn which marina accepts liveaboard narrowboat owners (many don’t)
- Find out which ones currently have vacancies – this list is updated every week
- See dozens of photographs for each marina
- Read about new marinas on the network (and register with them before they are open to the general public
- Take advantage of special marina offers “hot off the press”
You won’t find information this comprehensive and up to date on any other site and it’s FREE at the moment
Compiling the comprehensive marina listing and their facilities, layouts, prices and offers has taken literally hundreds of hours to put together. And many more hours are needed each week to keep it current. Within the next ten days this site will be “locked down” and will then only be accessible by monthly subscription. Current free subscribers (and you if you subscribe before the offer ends) will be able to keep their free subscription for as long as they wish.